- Senior Copywriter Native English
- MBO / HBO
Over het bedrijf
Herenmode hoogsegment: een jong, innovatief en snel groeiend modebedrijf. Sinds 2007 zijn zij actief in de ontwikkeling, vervaardiging en verkoop van Custom-Made en Ready-Made pakken en shirts. Zij leveren wereldwijd aan honderden menswear retailers in het hogere segment. Waarmee zij in nauwe samenwerking succes creëren. Vanuit het zalige kantoor in Amsterdam bouwen ze met een jong en passievol team aan de realisatie van hun visie.
Over de functie
This is a full-time position for a fashion-focused native English copywriter with 7+ years’ experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring and working with our other copywriter to set the tone of private label and all other brands; maintaining style documentation and ensuring these brands remain separate and consistent
- Writing and editing content for our bi-annual and four-season collections, including both online retail descriptions and hard copy material for our international customers
- Writing and editing – but also helping to brainstorm ideas – for marketing initiatives, including but not limited to: emails, newsletters, social media and other recurrent opportunities for communication and interaction with the customer
- Protecting the textual (English) consistency throughout the entire company; i.e., also for departments such as sales, production, and logistics
- Helping to streamline and speed up extensive and repetitive text (database) jobs
- Coordinating translations into other languages, such as French and German; this may include researching and “auditioning” freelancers and external agencies
- Overseeing and managing projects related to copywriting, editing, and translating
You should be/have the following:
- A native English speaker (this is non-negotiable; please don’t apply if English isn’t your native language)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent working/thinking level
- while an area of study pertaining to language or fashion would be ideal, it's definitely not required
- The ability to write at an advanced level in different styles/tones of voice (and communicate with fashion-forward professional men in their 30s, in particular)
- Impeccable editing skills with an eye for detail; you know the difference between US and UK grammar, when a comma should be used where and why, etc.
- An impeccable feel for words, style, tone, grammar and everything else that goes into ensuring each piece of copy is both consistent and captivating
- Able to communicate complex ideas in as few words as possible (for internal and external communications)
- Enjoys perfecting sometimes repetitive tasks
- An energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic who can juggle tasks and meet deadlines on your own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and helpful
- Able to work well under stress
Not required, but a definite plus:
- A strong affinity with and knowledge of fabrics and menswear
- A good grasp of the Dutch language
- Translation skills (from Dutch to English)
We offer a competitive salary; a fun and energetic work environment with in-house benefits like communal lunches and weekly yoga, boxing, and bootcamp sessions; and plenty of opportunities for you to develop your own ideas and initiatives.
Heb jij vragen over deze vacature?
Peter de Kok weet er alles over